- F.A.Q : Garment Care (General)
- The following is a partial list of factors that determine the stability of a garment to different types of care.
• Was the material pre shrunk? Dry cleaning generally induces less shrinkage than machine washing.
• Dye stability: some dyes are stable in one, either, or neither water or dry cleaning solvent.
• Finishes: optical brighteners, sizing, shrinkage control, and other finishes can react differently depending on the cleaning method.
• Embellishments: many beads, sequins, leather trim, and other embellishments can severely limit the serviceability and care of garments.
As you can see, one cannot select the care method based on the material alone and must rely heavily on the care label and past experiences.
- Updated: February 20, 2006
- Email a Question
To Search Our FAQ's Please Use the "Find " Link Above